Why are daily routines important?
An important part of supporting my clients to simplify their home management is setting up daily routines. Without structure to our day we can often feel stressed and overwhelmed by everything that we need to do.
Having a simple routine can help us to be more productive and feel in control. Routines also gives us greater freedom by managing our time more effectively. Having a routine is especially important in times of uncertainty, like the Covid Lockdown period. It helps to give a structure to our day, however small. You might still have the structure of a working day, exercise at the same time each day, schedule in time for a hobby and spread out household tasks throughout the week.
We all have different needs and goals which is why it is important to develop a routine that works for you and the way that you live.
Here are my top 8 reasons why a daily routine is important.
1. PROVIDE STRUCTURE – simple routines can provide structure to our day
2. SAVE TIME – routines can help us free up time to focus on other important things in our lives
3. PRIORISE – having a routine in place will help you to prioritise ad get the most important tasks done
4. LESS DECISIONS – a routine will reduce the number of daily decisions that you need to make
5. BUILDS GOOD HABITS – having a routine in place will help you to achieve your daily goals and reduce
6. BUILDS SELF CONFIDENCE – completing set tasks each day will give you confidence to embrace other changes
7. SAVE MONEY – routines such as meal planning can actually save you money
8. REDUCES STRESS – you don’t have to think about what to do as you have systems set up and a routine in place.
If you need support to set up daily routines to simplify your life I would love to hear from you.