The return to school will mean a return to a more fixed routine for many busy families. Here are my top 6 tips for more calm and less chaos.
1. Bags Ready: I would highly recommend packing school bags the night before to avoid any morning stresses looking for key items.
2. Covid PPE Pack: Prepare a mini pack with a disposable mask, mini hand and tissues
3. Timing: be realistic about how much time you need to get everyone up, dressed, eat breakfast clean teeth, put on shoes etc.
4. School Lunch/Packed Lunch: If you child has school lunches ensure that you have paid for these before the term starts or topped up the balance on their lunch card. If your child prefers a packed lunch prepare these the night before and leave lunch boxes out ready to be packed.
5. Laundry cycle: ensure that you have all school uniform clean and ready for the start of term. Last minute ironing or washing the day before can cause additional stress.
6. Breakfast: Keep breakfast simple and have everything ready for breakfast time. You don’t want to be rushing out to the shop in the morning for milk.
Good luck on the return to school this week.